On 13.12.10 11:50, Per Jessen wrote:
> AFAICT, there is no resending involved here.  linkedin (and others) is
> given a long list of addresses to which to send inviattions.  Linkedin
> can't determine that an address is a list-address, so isn't it only the
> list manager that can reject such invitations?

there are ways to avoid redistribution of mail messages, as there are ways
to avoid receiving bounces and OOO-messaged on them.
If linkedin sends that many messages, it can insert headers that would avoid
this behaviour.

List admins can and should prevent resending of unwelcome messages (spam) to
lists. But no list admins can know all kinds of invitations and bulk/automated
messages to fill their filters with.

I think that anyone sending invites and similar messages should make every
possible effort to avoid his messages being broadcaster over the internet
etc.
How does cat play with mouse? cat /dev/mouse