On 03/09/2011 01:12 AM, John Hardin wrote:
On Tue, 8 Mar 2011, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

I have a friend that puts out a 'barter' list. He acts as a clearinghouse for some equipment wholesalers.

He has been fighting getting tagged as spamming for some time and finally came to me for help.

Oh, and I am looking at setting up a mailman server for him as an announce list.

That, on a static IP, will be very good approach.

EXCUSE_REMOVE=3.299

Once he's on the listserv, use "unsubscribe" rather than "removed from mailings".

FILL_THIS_FORM=0.001,    FILL_THIS_FORM_LONG=3.404,

Can he avoid having a fill-in-your-personal-details form in the email body?

MANY_SPAN_IN_TEXT=2.7,

Tell him to clean up his HTML.

Actually, I am telling him to turn off sending HTML. His newsletter is strictly text and good old Outlook Express is sending it as BOTH text and HTML.

All the HTML is created by OE, thank you very much. grrrr (from someone that spent time working on SMTP/MIME standards long ago).

LOTS_OF_MONEY=0.001

I take it the equipment is expensive?

If you'd like, he can put me on his bcc: list too for a while. I'll be able to see samples and maybe tune the rules a bit, and I'll also be able to add them to the masscheck ham corpus if justified. Just let me know his email address and the name of the newsletter and such so that I can look out for them.