On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:28:41 -0700 (PDT)
John Hardin wrote:

> Seconded. MTAs typically have efficient facilities for white- or
> black-listing specific email addresses. Use the capabilities of your
> MTA and glue layer to completely bypass SA for those addresses since
> you _know_ you want to receive mail from them.

The downside to that is that it's not going through Bayes, so there's
no auto-learning or atime updates. So when someone with a whitelisted
address delegates, moves-on, or uses a different account, Bayes may be
less well prepared than it would otherwise be. I suspect that in some
cases MTA whitelisting may actually lead to a worse FP rate than doing
nothing - particularly where BAYES_00 has been given a more substantial
score.