On Tue, 25 Oct 2011, RW wrote:

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:28:41 -0700 (PDT)
John Hardin wrote:

Seconded. MTAs typically have efficient facilities for white- or
black-listing specific email addresses. Use the capabilities of your
MTA and glue layer to completely bypass SA for those addresses since
you _know_ you want to receive mail from them.

The downside to that is that it's not going through Bayes, so there's
no auto-learning or atime updates. So when someone with a whitelisted
address delegates, moves-on, or uses a different account, Bayes may be
less well prepared than it would otherwise be. I suspect that in some
cases MTA whitelisting may actually lead to a worse FP rate than doing
nothing - particularly where BAYES_00 has been given a more substantial
score.

Modulo manual training with classified & miss corpora, of course. I distrust autolearn, but then I've never administered SA in a large user environment.

  It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or
  religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own
  folly.                                              -- Henry George
 320 days since the first successful private orbital launch (SpaceX)