From: John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
   Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:44:29 -0700 (PDT)

   On Tue, 19 Jun 2012, Benny Pedersen wrote:

   > Den 2012-06-19 22:39, Kevin A. McGrail skrev:
   >
   >>  I think that's the concept behind the whitelist_from_spf
   >
   > but some use whitelist_from, its nothing new there :=)
   >
   > can user_in_whitelist be changed to not have -100 as default score, or is
   > whitelist_from planned for removements ?

   It's needed for whan none of the other more-strict whitelist options will
   work, so we can't get just rid of it.

True.

   I'd suggest instead a lint warning if it is used, alerting the admin that
   it's discouraged and that it has problems like this and is very easy to
   spoof.

How about creating a different score for whitelist_from that is
separate from whitelist_from_rcvd?   For example, whitelist_from could
trigger USER_IN_SIMPLE_WHITELIST (or some other variation).   The
description of the test could include warnings about how easy
it is to spoof whitelist_from.

-jeff