>Second, I understand now that whitelist_from just represent a large
>score, and does not bypass the email itself.

It will if you enable SHORTCIRCUIT'ing of whitelist_from.  However,
it is not recommended to use whitelist_from.  Use whitelist_from_rcvd,
or whitelist_auth instead to prevent spoofed addresses from passing
through SA without being scored.
Also, never whitelist an address or domain that you filter for.  Spam-
mers commonly spoof the From: address to match the To: address
just to try to hit bad whitelist entries like that.  (Not saying you did
but just a general rule of whitelisting.)