> On Jun 16, 2016, at 7:31 AM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:
>

> Am 16.06.2016 um 16:21 schrieb Shawn Bakhtiar:
>> Agreed.
>>
>> We use sendmail, and check our DNSBL's their, it is much more efficient to
>> use them before we ever engage SA. It is extremely rare to find an IP that
>> lands on a reputable DNSBL and in those cases we can whitelist. Of course
>> most of our traffic is B2B, not sure how effective this would be in B2C or
>> C2C.
>
> no difference - the majority of so blacklisted servers are infected enduser
> machines which have no business to connect to any machine on port 25 and for
> a well scored decision it don't matter anyways

I disagree with no different. From a process perspective IMHO it's much faster
to reject with postfix or sendmail than to engage a perl script (via pipe or
tcp port no less) to check the email content before continuing to process. It
adds a little bit more processing if they are not on the DNSBL, but saves a lot
of processing if they are.

Which actually begs the OT question: Why is SA not written in C?