I'm attempting to detect when a file has multiple attachments. For a single attachment, this rule works pretty well

mimeheader      __Z_HAS_ATTCHMNT        Content-Disposition =~ /attachment/i
tflags          __Z_HAS_ATTCHMNT        multiple maxhits=3

The multiple maxhits does not appear to work though. Here is an example email that has two attachements:

grep attachment myeml.eml

spamassassin -D 2>&1 < myeml.eml | grep ATTCH
oct 11 16:49:22.529 [29271] dbg: rules: ran eval rule __Z_HAS_ATTCHMNT ======>
got hit (1)
[...]

There is only one hit. Actually there never is more than one hit on any of the 20k emails I have tested it on, so I don't think the problem is with my sample.

I have seen headers being used as such

72_active.cf:header         __HDRS_LCASE          ALL =~
/\n(?:Message-id|Content-type|X-MSMail-priority|from|subject|to|cc|Disposition-notification-to):/sm
72_active.cf-tflags         __HDRS_LCASE          multiple maxhits=3

but no mimeheader. I was wondering if mimeheader is designed to work with tflags multiple maxhits or did I overlook something? If it is not designed to work with it, would there be any workarounds to detect multiple attachments?

--
Olivier Coutu
Assistance technique