As David says, we use TXT and CNAME records not A records.  We did switch to
cnames which broke sa 3.3.0 update resolution but that was fixed.

We know rulegen is turned off but rule distribution is working.

This means you can install SA and use sa-update to get current rules.

And they are current because there are not a whole lot of rules being generated
and Dave was able to get a current rule set with the old scores manually
published.

And my firm has put a lot of time into this which is still half the time David
has in fixing ruleqa.  So buy him a beer.  But no need for alarm.

Right now though I have switched back to 3.4 work as my priority for the week.

You can also grab KAM.cf which isn't in the stock rules.

https://www.pccc.com/downloads/SpamAssassin/contrib/KAM.cf
Regards,
KAM