On Thursday 06 July 2017 at 18:59:19, Rainer Sokoll wrote:

> > Am 06.07.2017 um 18:55 schrieb Antony Stone:
> >
> > "apt-get policy spamassassin" should show you which one really is
> > installed
>
> apt-cache ;-)

Oops :)

Yeah, I knew it was one of those apt-something commands which I wish aptitude
would do for you but doesn't...

> ~$ ssh mx1 apt-cache policy spamassassin
> spamassassin:
>   Installed: 3.4.0-6
>   Candidate: 3.4.0-6
>   Version table:
>  *** 3.4.0-6 0
>         500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> So, 3.4.0

Right.  This also suggests you're not using Jessie-backports at all, otherwise
3.4.1 would at least be a candidate, even if not installed.

Antony.

--
If you can't find an Open Source solution for it, then it isn't a real problem.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.