On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 18:26:54 -0400
Alex wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >> Are you paying for DCC? I think we're over their limit and they
> >> blacklisted us long ago, lol.
> >
> > I have my own DCC server joined into the DCC network.
> >
> > https://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/
>
> So you only provide spam services for your own users? Or do you pay?
>
> > I am classifying about 10K ham and 8K spam each day which I also
> > use in the masscheck processing (currently on hold).  Since I have
> > started doing this
>
> Through autolearn?
>
> It is otherwise extremely time-intensive.
>
> > Yep.  Again my block threshold is 6.0 in MailScanner and I have
> > less default trust for FREEMAIL senders.  I also have meta rules
> > based on FREEMAIL and other hits that add to the score based on
> > combinations I have seen over the years.
>
> Adjusting many of the default rules disrupts the score balance created
> by masschecks, no?
>
> I want to avoid having to juggle scores around, in addition to already
> worrying about writing rules that ultimately have the same effect as
> existing metas.

> Are you worried about overlap between the checksum systems?
>
> I've enabled DCC again today, and remembered what I don't like about
> it. Do you have DCC_CHECK at its default 1.1 score? That's quite high
> for something described as "bulk mail" when bulk mail is already
> scored very close to 5.0.

And with  FREEMAIL_FROM plus DCC_CHECK (or any digest) you
have

1.2 FREEMAIL_FROM
2.2 DCC_CHECK
2.2 ENA_DIGEST_FREEMAIL
0.0 ENA_BAD_SPAM

which is 5.6 points. And judging by the name, at least in some cases,
maybe all:

2.2 ENA_BAD_SPAM_FREEMAIL

which makes  7.8 points. This is something that presumably works for
him, but could cause problems in general.