On Wed, 22 May 2024 10:14:36 +0200, Daniel Sahlberg
<daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Many years ago (like 20+ years) when I worked at a company using CVS there
>> was a
>> web interface which had very useful functions in this regard. It was all
>> running
>> on Windows Server.
>>
>> It was named ViewCVS (Python based) and was accessed using a web browser
>> towards
>> the CVS server.
>

>ViewCVS evolved to ViewVC
>
>https://viewvc.org
>
>A prominent user is the Apache Software Foundation, see
>
>http://svn.apache.org/viewvc

Thanks for that!

I think I will test this first. I located its sources on GitHub!!!

https://github.com/viewvc/viewvc/

Seems to be modified last on 2023-01-04 (rev 1.2.3)

Latest release as of now:
https://viewvc.org/downloads/viewvc-1.2.3.tar.gz
or here
https://github.com/viewvc/viewvc/releases/tag/1.2.3

So I will download it and see if I can get it running on my local svn server
(Ubuntu) requirements seem to be:

Python 3.6+
  $ python3 --version
  Python 3.8.10

Subversion 1.14.0+
  $ svn --version
  svn, version 1.13.0 (r1867053)
  Oops! My Ubuntu 20.04 LTS has only svn 1.13.0 !!

How can I fix that svn problem?

$ apt policy svn
svn:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: (none)

Seems like svn was *not* installed via apt at all...
I have used it on this machine for many years and it should not be at 1.13
unless "something" updated it.

$ which svn
/usr/bin/svn

What/who put it there?
Apache?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

  • GUI i... Bo Berglund
    • ... Daniel Sahlberg
      • ... Bo Berglund
        • ... Bo Berglund
          • ... Daniel Sahlberg
        • ... Yasuhito FUTATSUKI
          • ... Sean McBride
            • ... Williams, James P. {Jim} (JSC-CD4)[KBR Wyle Services, LLC] via users
              • ... Yasuhito FUTATSUKI
                • ... Johan Corveleyn
                • ... Mark Phippard
                • ... Johan Corveleyn