On Wed, 22 May 2024 12:05:25 +0200, Bo Berglund <bo.bergl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Subversion 1.14.0+
>  $ svn --version
>  svn, version 1.13.0 (r1867053)
>  Oops! My Ubuntu 20.04 LTS has only svn 1.13.0 !!
>
>How can I fix that svn problem?
>
>$ apt policy svn
>svn:
>  Installed: (none)
>  Candidate: (none)
>
>Seems like svn was *not* installed via apt at all...
>I have used it on this machine for many years and it should not be at 1.13
>unless "something" updated it.
>
>$ which svn
>/usr/bin/svn
>
>What/who put it there?
>Apache?

SORRY!

I made an error here, I'm so used to typing binary's name svn that I forgot to
use the true package name with apt:

$ apt policy subversion
subversion:
  Installed: 1.13.0-3ubuntu0.2
  Candidate: 1.13.0-3ubuntu0.2

So it seems like subversion has been stuck at this revision on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS!

If I test on another device running Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (this is a desktop system):

$ apt policy subversion
subversion:
  Installed: 1.14.1-3ubuntu0.22.04.1
  Candidate: 1.14.1-3ubuntu0.22.04.1

Question:

Is it possible to upgrade subversion from the apt installed version which is
locked to the distribution level to a more recent version available on 22.04 or
even 24.04?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

  • GUI i... Bo Berglund
    • ... Daniel Sahlberg
      • ... Bo Berglund
        • ... Bo Berglund
          • ... Daniel Sahlberg
        • ... Yasuhito FUTATSUKI
          • ... Sean McBride
            • ... Williams, James P. {Jim} (JSC-CD4)[KBR Wyle Services, LLC] via users
              • ... Yasuhito FUTATSUKI
                • ... Johan Corveleyn
                • ... Mark Phippard
                • ... Johan Corveleyn