I am running Tomcat 7.0.35 on Windows Server 2003 SP2, x32.  I have SSL
configured, and if add the keystorePass parameter to server.xml, SSL starts
correctly.

However, for security reasons, I must specify the keystore password on the
command line.  I have searched and the only possible way to I have found to do
this is via the -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=<pass> directive.  However, as
other before me have found, this does not seem to work.

My command line:

tomcat7 //TS//Tomcat7 --JvmOptions=-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=<pass>

My SSL connector from server.xml:

<Connector protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol" port="7443"
SSLEnabled="true"
               clientAuth="want" sslProtocol="TLS"
keystoreFile=".\conf\ssl\dev11.jks"
               truststoreFile=".\conf\ssl\dev11.jks" />

Do I have the right syntax for the command line?  I have tried single and
double quotes around the password, and it does not fix the issue.  I noted in
the log file that the quotation marks are always removed when the tomcat
executable (or Java) reads the directive.

Is there another way to do this from the command line?  Can I somehow pass the
keystorePass parameter directly?

Thank you,

Jeffrey Harris

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named herein and may contain proprietary information. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail or believe that you received this
email in error, please take immediate action to notify the sender of the
apparent error by reply e-mail; permanently delete the e-mail and any
attachments from your computer; and do not disseminate, distribute, use, or
copy this message and any attachments.