Chuck,

First, I cannot store the password ANYWHERE on the system, which is why it
needs to be entered on the command line.  The ultimate goal is to pass the
password from a remote system using psexec to start the Tomcat service
(preferably with the sc utility).  But if I cannot pass the password locally, I
obviously will not be successful remotely.

>From the FAQ, I modified the server.xml file to add the keystorePass as a
>variable:  keystorePass="${ks.password}", and then tried to use an environment
>variable to store the keystore password, either using the set command or the
--ENVIRONMENT directive.  I thought the set command worked once, but I was not
able to reproduce the behavior.

So my original question remains - is there a way to specify the keystore
password on the command line, and not in the registry or a configuration file
on the server hosting Tomcat?

Jeffrey Harris

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named herein and may contain proprietary information. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail or believe that you received this
email in error, please take immediate action to notify the sender of the
apparent error by reply e-mail; permanently delete the e-mail and any
attachments from your computer; and do not disseminate, distribute, use, or
copy this message and any attachments.