Thanks for the replies Mark.

It does seem to me that most developers using websockets under tomcat are going
to want that integration with the J2EE container.  Maybe I'm wrong, but it
seems like the plumbing to make the servlet context available to the
EndpoingConfig will be messy because the websockets framework has been designed
to be divorced from its environment.

From this perspective, the tomcat 7 websockets implementation seems easier to
work with; at least for developers who are looking to use websocket endpoints
as a replacement for servlets.  Does this make sense?

Neil

Sent from my iPad