OK, that makes perfect sense. We are NOT talking about SESSION objects (where I
am defining session as login to logout of a USER as I mentioned before, perhaps
you are defining this as "while tomcat is up" - I can see either def.). These
type beans are all fine, but I would actually never want them serialized if
Tomcat restarts as I would want the user to log back in for a lot of reasons
(but no damage would be caused if they were serialized).

I am talking about java beans that are part of the "application" and shared
information available to all users. These MUST be initialized at startup (they
are) and OLD serial copies are defunct (dangerous as they cause crazy
connections to happen) when tomcat is restarted.

Soooo - here is the question:

I would like to allow serialization, but tell Tomcat that certain beans should
NOT be resurrected without me getting warnings in the log file when I don't
mark them as serialisable.

IS THERE A WAY TO STOP WARNINGS AND TELL TOMCAT NOT TO SERIALIZE A BEAN?

Right now, I have stopped warnings but caused other problems.

On Monday, January 13, 2014 8:08 AM, Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@gopivotal.com>