On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 09:24:41PM -0500, Howard W. Smith, Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 2:08 PM, André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com> wrote:
> > Either people don't read the rules, or they do not understand the rule, or
> > they just ignore it.
>
> I agree. As a tomcat/tomee user, I joined the list, primarily, to listen in
> on topics (that interest me), so I learned, very quickly, that top-posting
> is not preferred, here.

I may have said this before, but: too bad there is no standard
"List-Rules:" header to provide machine-readable hints, so that a
conforming UA could remember them from the subscription response or
latest-read message and at least give the user some suggestions.
Rules like "no attachments" could be acted on by the UA; rules like
"no top-posting" require human judgment but could be advertized by the
UI.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Machines should not be friendly.  Machines should be obedient.