Chuck,

Thanks for your response. I will get you all the information you asked for
later tonight when I get out of work. In the meantime, the only threads our
application creates are those created by a ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor, and
in fact, when I do a thread dump to analyze what is going on, there are 30
threads associated with this executor that are in a BLOCKED state. We have
had trouble with executors in the past, but these threads are supposed to
be running for the lifecycle of the application. Is there a problem using
an executor in a tomcat application? I will provide you with the following
later today: Tomcat version, JRE version, platform, server.xml (with
comments removed), context.xml for the webapp, etc. Would you like me to
also attach the thread dump?