Mark Eggers wrote:

On 6/10/2014 8:29 AM, André Warnier wrote:
André Warnier wrote:
Martin Stolk wrote:

Hello,

We are migrating our applications from tomcat to wildfly. We are using mod_= jk (1.2.40) to connect apache to the wildfly ajp port.

When using tomcat there are no problems, but with wilfdly
there is a strang= e behavior in our application.
It is a bit of a puzzle then, why you are asking for help here. Would "http://wildfly.org/gethelp/"; not be a better place to start ?

Our application is written in java (wicket) and when entering a
search form= every field fills with a semi-colon after entering
the find button. When i= set the JkLogLevel to trace or debug
the problems remains but less frequen= tly and not in every
form. I also tried different ForwardURI** JkOptions, but that
make no difference.
I can't think of a reason off-hand why this should ever make any
difference. It would seem that the first thing to look at, is what this "Find" button in the form really does. Is it just a "submit" button, or does it call something (some javascript perhaps) ? Does the <form> send a POST, or a GET request ?

Can anyone help me where to find a solution?

Ok, I'll bite again. As I understand the issue, you have the following schema :

B + BA <-HTTP-> A + M <-AJP-> E + EA

where :

- B is the browser - BA is the "application" in the browser. That can be pure HTML, or HTML + javascript, or a Java Applet, or whatever - A is the Apache httpd front-end - M is the mod_jk
module running inside Apache httpd - E is the Servlet Engine
(Tomcat or Wildfly) - EA is the java application running inside of

and we assume that the only element which varies is E, which is either Tomcat or Wildfly.

You say that when E is Tomcat, everything works fine. But when E
is Wildfly, strange things happen.

Given that B + BA are the same and would send the same HTTP requests in both cases to A, - there is no reason why A would do anything different when E is Wildfly, than when E is Tomcat. A
does not even know which Servlet Engine E is being used. - there is
no reason why M would do anything different when E is Wildfly,
than when E is Tomcat. M does not even know which Servlet Engine E
is being used. It just knows that it is talking to an AJP connector
of a webserver, and that it needs to "translate" the HTTP request,
to an AJP request, before forwarding it.

The only impact that I can think of, of changing the mod_jk loglevel, is to make mod_jk perhaps a little bit slower, because
it has to log more. (But we should be talking of at most
milliseconds here).

So, on the face of it, logically, I would think that if there is a
problem when E is Wildfly, the problem must be with Wildfly, or with how Wildfly is running the EA application.

Or else, our premise is wrong, and BA is not exactly the same in both cases, and does not send exactly the same thing to A. But since BA "comes from" E + EA originally, that would also mean that
 the problem is with Wildfly + the EA application.

So I would still go to the Wildfly support list, present the same case as you did above, and ask them if they have a clue as to what may be happening.

To extend André's excellent examination . . . .

It would be nice if you could remove A + M from the equation. In other
words:

B + BA <-HTTP-> E + EA

Then vary E (Wildfly or Tomcat).

If both work, then the issue might be with Firefly's AJP configuration
(or its AJP implementation).

If Firefly does not work, then the issue might be with Firefly's
configuration (or Firefly and Wicket).

If neither work, then that's a puzzle.

. . . . just my (coffee-less) 2 cents

Now wait, Firefly ?
Is that linked to the coffee-less state ?