> As your testing keep this process in mind.  If you encounter a problem just
> try to break down the flow from your browser to the server and back.  If
> you look at the request at each hop through this process, you can often
> find where things went wrong.  For example, did the request hit the LB?  If
> not, maybe we have a firewall issue or ports are configured right.  If so,
> did it hit one of the backend servers?  If not, maybe there's a config
> issue in the lb.  If it did, what response did it get?  A 4xx / 5xx error,
> ok something went wrong on the backend, need to investigate the logs there
> for more details.
>
> Hope that helps to clarify.
>
> Dan

Dan,

It did. It was one of those cases where the simplest answer was assumed but
not tested. The loadbalancer was not listening on 443 or 8443. I was able
to have it redirect 443 to 8443 successfully. I also took your advice and
redirected 80 to 8080 instead of using iptables.

Thanks for your help. So many knowledgeable people on here.

John