Rene Scheffler wrote:
Hallo André and thanks for your fast reponse,

im sorry i didn't provide any more info on that.

We've installed manually, i downloaded the tomcat from the apache website
(we've got some picky customers and we've made some stable experiences with
that tomcat version, hence we didnt install it via apt-get).
I managed to figure out, that some part of the configuration used in the
web.xml/server.xml was responsible for the creation of that many WEB-INF
folders.  I did all the configuration manually, following resources like
http://corfield.org/entry/Railo_on_Tomcat__multiweb stated here.

We got 7 websites running and when i reduced it to 1 site, the startup time
went from 350s to barely 1 minute.
But still, 1 minute is quite a long time for a server startup.
Right now im configuring the "prepacked" Railo Server with Tomcat and try
to get some more info on how to properly configure our own Tomcat.

You may want to read this then :
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo/FasterStartUp