Mark Thomas wrote:
On 13/08/2014 17:24, Rene Scheffler wrote:
Hallo André and thanks for your fast reponse,

im sorry i didn't provide any more info on that.

We've installed manually, i downloaded the tomcat from the apache website
(we've got some picky customers and we've made some stable experiences with
that tomcat version, hence we didnt install it via apt-get).
I managed to figure out, that some part of the configuration used in the
web.xml/server.xml was responsible for the creation of that many WEB-INF
folders.

Not possible. Tomcat never adds a WEB-INF folder to a directory that
doesn't already contain one.

So, for directories that already contain one, it sometimes does ?
(Just kidding)

Getting back to what Rene wrote above, my guess would be that whatever script was installing CFML, may have read the web.xml/server.xml, misinterpreted it/them, and decided to ad these WEB-INF directories where it shouldn't have.