> On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 3:01 PM, David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> On 12/22/2014 2:56 PM, Sean Dawson wrote:
>>
>>> So it works with all of them up to _52 but fails for all of them after
>>> that.
>>>
>>> I had a theory related to tomcat creating a webapps/ROOT dir in the newer
>>> versions that it didn't in the older one (when pointing to the war from
>>> Catalina/local/ROOT.xml) as a possible difference/change but _52 does this
>>> and it works there.
>>>
>>> We have a fairly simple (java servlet) proxy to pass the gwt REST requests
>>> along - is there anything I could look at... redirects, (not) caching
>>> params, etc ?
>>>
>>> Will have a look at the changes to the config files between working and
>>> non-working tomcat installs - and also the release notes.
>>>

>> How about changing the PUT to a POST, and see what that does for you?
>>

> Similar result - 200 status, not proceeding - however fiddler seems to show
> some data. Will remote debug this to see if we're making it to onSuccess or
> onFailure (doubt it since it should either make another REST call, or show
> an exception message).  On that call, Fiddler said Content-Length response
> header MUSTNOT be present when Transfer-Encoding is used.

Content-Length header must not be present if Transfer-Encoding: chunked is used.

If it is in a request, Tomcat 7.0.47 and later shall reject such
requests per CVE-2013-4286,
http://tomcat.apache.org/security-7.html#Fixed_in_Apache_Tomcat_7.0.47

If it is in a response, I wonder how one can produce that. Tomcat does
not enable chunked encoding if ContentLength is set on response
(AbstractHttp11Processor.prepareResponse()).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko