> From: Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne [mailto:thusit...@wso2.com]
> Subject: Re: Is org.apache.naming.resources package have been removed in
> tomcat 8.0.20?

Don't top post.  Read the mailing list rules:
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users

> I'm trying to bundle the tomcat as a OSGI bundle. While doing so, I've
> extended the DirContextURLStreamHandler class and overriding the
> method openConnection(URL
> u)as a public method. Then I'm registering my extended class as a service
> http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-usersin the bundle context.

> Could someone tell me is that a good approach? If not what is the best
> alternative?

Difficult to say unless you tell us what problem you're actually trying to
solve rather than yet again what you think should be done to solve it.  As Mark
said, read this before replying:
http://xyproblem.info/

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.

I'm trying to bundle the tomcat as a OSGI bundle. While doing so, I've
extended the DirContextURLStreamHandler class and overriding the
method openConnection(URL
u)as a public method. Then I'm registering my extended class as a service
in the bundle context.

Since *org.apache.naming.resource* package have been removed I'm trying to
use the *WarStreamURLHandler *class in the *org.apache.catalina.webresource*
package and get my work done.

Could someone tell me is that a good approach? If not what is the best
alternative?

Thanks
Best Regards
/Thusitha