On 3/7/2015 10:55 AM, Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne wrote:
Hi,

First I would like to apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I'll ask again. What are you trying to do?
Difficult to say unless you tell us what problem you're actually trying
to solve rather than yet again what you think should be done to solve it.
I'm using extended class of *DirContextURLStreamHandler* to handle jndi
resources in the application.

Once again, you're telling us WHAT you're doing, rather than why. You still haven't told us what the root problem you're trying to solve is, or what functionality you're trying to implement.

Thanks
Best Regards
/Thusitha

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 7:24 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <
chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote:

From: Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne [mailto:thusit...@wso2.com]
Subject: Re: Is org.apache.naming.resources package have been removed in
tomcat 8.0.20?

Don't top post.  Read the mailing list rules:
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users

I'm trying to bundle the tomcat as a OSGI bundle. While doing so, I've
extended the DirContextURLStreamHandler class and overriding the
method openConnection(URL
u)as a public method. Then I'm registering my extended class as a service
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-usersin the bundle context.

Could someone tell me is that a good approach? If not what is the best
alternative?

Difficult to say unless you tell us what problem you're actually trying to
solve rather than yet again what you think should be done to solve it.  As
Mark said, read this before replying:
http://xyproblem.info/

  - Chuck

received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and
its attachments from all computers.

I'm trying to bundle the tomcat as a OSGI bundle. While doing so, I've
extended the DirContextURLStreamHandler class and overriding the
method openConnection(URL
u)as a public method. Then I'm registering my extended class as a service
in the bundle context.

Since *org.apache.naming.resource* package have been removed I'm trying to
use the *WarStreamURLHandler *class in the
*org.apache.catalina.webresource*
package and get my work done.