From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 5:34 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Rendering JSP files through Apache

Leggio, Andrew wrote:
> I have the following being used in my conf file:
>
> <IfModule mod_proxy_ajp.so>
>   ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
> </IfModule>
>
> Does this actually direct jsp files to use Tomcat?

That is a funny way of putting it.
What the above does - if everything else is installed and configured correctly
- is proxying *all* HTTP requests originally directed to Apache httpd
(including requests for any JSP page), toward a Tomcat supposedly running on
the same host, and supposedly listening on port 8009.
Now whether this is actually what is happening or not, is anyone's guess so far.
Chances are that this is not happening though, since otherwise you probably
would not be asking what's wrong.

The question is also : if you are going to proxy all requests from Apache httpd
to Tomcat anyway, then why do you think that you need Apache httpd ?

This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying of
any part of this e-mail is strictly prohibited; please contact the sender and
permanently delete the original and any copies of it.