> From: George Sexton [mailto:geor...@mhsoftware.com]
> Subject: Re: Rendering JSP files through Apache

> The problem is then that as a system, the container isn't compliant.
> What you're in essence saying is that the compliance of the "system"
> isn't a concern. My belief is that "as a system", the end result has to
> be compliant because my application is deployed "on a system". If the
> system breaks the application, then it's not compliant.

I think you're way, way off base.  The servlet spec does not, in any way,
attempt to define the semantics of a "system"; it is explicitly confined to the
actions of a servlet container.  If a system administrator chooses to deploy
multiple components within a system, it's up to that admin, not the servlet
spec, to decide which components are involved in any given flow.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.