On 04.10.2016 09:38, Garratt, Dave wrote:
I have Apache Tomcat 8 working ok with https when I connect to my web page
using a recent browser (desktop) or iPhone for example. However this specific
application is designed to run on a Motorola MC9090 hand held wireless barcode
scanner running a relatively old version of Windows Mobile. The browser on that
device can only load the HTTP page and not the HTTPS page, giving a unable to
open page message. Speaking to a “expert” on these scanners the consensus of
opinion is that the type of encryption used by Apache Tomcat 8 is more up to
date than the mobile devices browser can support. As it does not appear likely
that the mobile devices are going to be updated any time soon I was wondering
if its possible to force Tomcat to accept deprecated protocols rather than be
forced to revert to plain HTTP.

Any ideas or ideally an example of how this might look in a config file would
be most appreciated.

Naive question : if you are dealing anyway with old devices that cannot be replaced by new devices, then why do you not just keep using the correspondingly old version of tomcat and of the JVM ?