On 27/04/17 23:39, Matt Cosentino wrote:
> https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/config/systemprops.html
>
> There is one for skipping jar files:
>
> tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanFilter.jarsToSkip

<snip/>

> It skips /WEB-INF/classes/ and /WEB-INF/lib/, but it does not check any
> property to skip user defined paths.

Is it other paths within WEB-INF you need to skip?

When I read "skipping resource paths" I was thinking of skipping the
various places where Tomcat treat directories as JARs that then get
scanned for TLDs (which can be configured via the JarScanner). But it
sounds like skipping those won't help you.

How sure are you that it is checking the directories below WEB-INF that
is the cause of the delay? That isn't a typical source of start-up delay
although it is certainly possible.

Finally, what sort of delay are we talking out here? Seconds? Minutes?

Mark