I use JSP and there are taglibs used.But you can cut the scan time way down by
not scanning any libraries that don't have TLDs (nested files with name =>
.tld)You can find this by using "jar t" or "unzip -l" on each library (thanks
Chris).
If you are a Unix (Linux or MAC) user you may cheat a little by using the
script attached.You may put any all .jar files in .../apache/lib or
.../apache/webapps/*/WEB-INF/lib into the
  .../apache/conf/catalina.properties file if they do not have taglibs.So 90%
of what I need does not have taglibs (just jstl-impl-...jar DOES and must be
left out of the DO NO SCAN line.This took my startup time from a couple minutes
to under a second.
Best of luck.

    On Friday, November 17, 2017 1:26 PM, Christopher Schultz