On 05/03/18 21:26, Kenneth Taylor wrote:
> We are having a serious problem with Tomcat (8.5).  Twice it has decided
> to PERMANENTLY cache one of our webapps.  We are unable to update that
> webapp.  We’ve tried everything imaginable, short of uninstalling
> Tomcat, which is the next step.
>
> Where is this cache and how do we turn it off?

There is no such cache.

With so little information to go on it his difficult to provide useful
pointers. If the problem is that the application keeps re-deploying
after you thought you had deleted it then careful inspection of the logs
at start-up / deployment time along with this:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/automatic-deployment.html

might help.

> Why in the world would anyone want Tomcat to work this way?  This is a
> fatal flaw worthy of a Darwin Award.

Suggesting that the people best placed to help you are so stupid they
deserve to be removed from the gene pool to benefit the human race is
not the best strategy to get people to help you. It is even less
effective when those people are volunteers who can choose which e-mails
to respond to and which to ignore.

It has been a while since I have provided a link to this excellent page
but I think a reminder is called for:

Mark