Hello,

We have an application running on Tomcat 7.0.96. The application handles
authentication by accessing an internal LDAPS host by using credentials, a
keystore, and the
LDAPS hostname and port from an external file from the application and from
Tomcat. This works with no issues, until I enable HTTPS in Tomcat. Once I see
sessions
are encrypted, users can no longer logon to the application. When I disable
HTTPS the users can again authenticate in the application. We do have an Apache
reverse
proxy for the application, but when Tomcat HTTPS is enabled I need to use
https://hostname:8443/foo to get to the application login screen and not just
https://hostname/foo.
With HTTPS disabled I can access the application with http://hostname/foo.
That's obviously a config issue I need to address, but would that by why the
authentication process
would be broken when HTTPS in enabled?

Thank you
-John
  • ... John Beaulaurier -X (jbeaulau - ADVANCED NETWORK INFORMATION INC at Cisco)
    • ... Mark Thomas