On 08/10/2019 18:55, John Beaulaurier -X (jbeaulau - ADVANCED NETWORK
INFORMATION INC at Cisco) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have an application running on Tomcat 7.0.96. The application handles
> authentication by accessing an internal LDAPS host by using credentials, a
> keystore, and the
> LDAPS hostname and port from an external file from the application and from
> Tomcat. This works with no issues, until I enable HTTPS in Tomcat. Once I see
> sessions
> are encrypted, users can no longer logon to the application. When I disable
> HTTPS the users can again authenticate in the application. We do have an
> Apache reverse
> proxy for the application, but when Tomcat HTTPS is enabled I need to use
> https://hostname:8443/foo to get to the application login screen and not just
> https://hostname/foo.
> With HTTPS disabled I can access the application with http://hostname/foo.
> That's obviously a config issue I need to address, but would that by why the
> authentication process
> would be broken when HTTPS in enabled?

How are you configuring TLS for LDAP?

How are you configuring TLS for the Connector?

I suspect that something somewhere is using the JVM wide TLS
configuration properties when it should be using LDAP / Tomcat Connector
specific settings?

Mark