From: Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 8, 2019 11:07 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomcat 7 HTTPS and LDAP authentication issue

On 08/10/2019 18:55, John Beaulaurier -X (jbeaulau - ADVANCED NETWORK
INFORMATION INC at Cisco) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have an application running on Tomcat 7.0.96. The application
> handles authentication by accessing an internal LDAPS host by using
> credentials, a keystore, and the LDAPS hostname and port from an
> external file from the application and from Tomcat. This works with no
> issues, until I enable HTTPS in Tomcat. Once I see sessions are encrypted,
> users can no longer logon to the application. When I disable HTTPS the users
> can again authenticate in the application. We do have an Apache reverse proxy
> for the application, but when Tomcat HTTPS is enabled I need to use
> https://hostname:8443/foo to get to the application login screen and not just
> https://hostname/foo.
> With HTTPS disabled I can access the application with
> http://hostname/foo. That's obviously a config issue I need to address, but
> would that by why the authentication process would be broken when HTTPS in
> enabled?

How are you configuring TLS for LDAP?

How are you configuring TLS for the Connector?

I suspect that something somewhere is using the JVM wide TLS configuration
properties when it should be using LDAP / Tomcat Connector specific settings?

Mark