If database is the answer, you could use memcache/redis to do this too. It
should be able to support multiple servers if you need.

Since it’s only persistent based on tomcat, I was thinking at the servlet
context level only. Provided that database read overhead is acceptable,
it’s a more persistent solution.

Thanks,