Alfred,

On 6/12/20 05:52, Alfred Bakia wrote:
> Thanks, Jon. I did in fact compare all the settings between the
> servers, including the logging settings. They are exactly the
> same.> But there is new information. In a detailed comparison of
> the Java code between the servers, I spotted one difference.
> Something sets apart the instance that is logging the Warning
> "AJP13 protocol: Reuse is set to false". The instance includes a
> REST API. As Sherlock Holmes said, "When you have eliminated all
> which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable,
> must be the truth."
>
> I am now looking into how the combination REST - Tomcat - IIS can
> trigger the warning.
...but this is being logged on the IIS side, not the Tomcat side. It's
very unlikely that the application is causing these log messages to be
displayed.

Same version(s) of IIS? Same versions of mod_jk?

- -chris

> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- Van:
> jonmcalexan...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID
<jonmcalexan...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID>
> Verzonden: 11 June 2020 23:57 Aan: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Onderwerp: RE: Warning "AJP13 protocol: Reuse is set to false"
> written
logs every second of every day. Please help.

> Perhaps also compare your logging sensitivity between the servers.
>

> Dream * Excel * Explore * Inspire Jon McAlexander Asst Vice
> President
>
> Middleware Product Engineering Enterprise CIO | Platform Services
> | Middleware | Infrastructure Solutions
>
> 8080 Cobblestone Rd | Urbandale, IA 50322 MAC: F4469-010 Tel
> 515-988-2508 | Cell 515-988-2508
>
> jonmcalexan...@wellsfargo.com
>

> This message may contain confidential and/or privileged
> information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this
and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

> -----Original Message----- From: Christopher Schultz
> <ch...@christopherschultz.net> Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 12:55
> PM To: users@tomcat.apache.org Subject: Re: Warning "AJP13
> protocol: Reuse is set to false" written
logs every second of every day. Please help.

> Alfred,
>
> On 6/11/20 11:57, Alfred Bakia wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>
>> This is my very first mail to the users list since joining
>> yesterday. Not an auspicious start. But I hope I will be able to
>> contribute in future. I seek your help for a persistent issue in
>> one of our ColdFusion instances.
>
>> Description of issue: ColdFusion 2018 is an application server
>> that uses Tomcat 9.0.21. Our ColdFusion installation consists of
>> instances. The instances are independent application servers,
>> each with its own Tomcat installation and Java Virtual Machine.
>> The Java version is 11.0.7.
>
>> Each ColdFusion instance serves web content via the web server
>> IIS. We have configured an AJP connector for the communication
>> between Tomcat and IIS. The relevant settings are
>

>> *   In server.xml
>
>> <Connector port="8012" connectionTimeout="60000"
>> redirectPort="8445" protocol="AJP/1.3"
>> tomcatAuthentication="false" maxThreads="500"
>> packetSize="65535"/>
>

>> *   In isapi_redirect.properties
>
>> iis_buffer_enable= true
>

>> *   In workers.properties
>
>> worker.list=sr1studierdr1
>
>> worker.sr1studierdr1.type=ajp13
>
>> worker.sr1studierdr1.host=localhost
>
>> worker.sr1studierdr1.port=8012
>
>> worker.sr1studierdr1.connection_pool_size=800
>
>> worker.sr1studierdr1.connection_pool_timeout=60
>
>> worker.sr1studierdr1.max_reuse_connections=400''
>
>> On one of the instances (name: 'sr1studierdr1'), the following
>> WARNING is written to isapi_redirect.log every second or so:
>

>> *   [Thu Jun 11 16:44:57.739 2020] [11308:15392] [warn]
>> ajp_process_callback::jk_ajp_common.c (2242): (sr1studierdr1)
>> AJP13 protocol: Reuse is set to false
>
>> Nevertheless, the application seems to work as intended.
>
>> We're at a loss why this is happening only to this particular
>> instance. There are no such warnings in other instances that
>> share exactly the same settings.
>
>> Do you know what is causing the warning, "AJP13 protocol: Reuse
>> is set to false", or how to solve this?
>
> I have no idea, but Google seemed able to come up with this:
>
> https://forums.iis.net/t/1229345.aspx?Error+AJP13+protocol+Reuse+is+se
t+

to+false+on+log+file+