чт, 11 июн. 2020 г. в 18:57, Alfred Bakia <alfredba...@uitgeverij-deviant.nl>:

> Description of issue:
> ColdFusion 2018 is an application server that uses Tomcat 9.0.21. Our
> ColdFusion installation consists of instances. The instances are independent
> application servers, each with its own Tomcat installation and Java Virtual
> Machine. The Java version is 11.0.7.
>
> Each ColdFusion instance serves web content via the web server IIS.  We have
> configured an AJP connector for the communication between Tomcat and IIS. The
> relevant settings are
>

>   *   In server.xml
>
> <Connector port="8012" connectionTimeout="60000" redirectPort="8445"
> protocol="AJP/1.3" tomcatAuthentication="false" maxThreads="500"
> packetSize="65535"/>

The packetSize has non-default value. The configuration reference [1]
says that the same value should be configured on the other side as
well, mentioning "max_packet_size" for mod_jk. I am not sure how that
is done for IIS.

[1] https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/ajp.html

> On one of the instances (name: 'sr1studierdr1'), the following WARNING is
> written to isapi_redirect.log every second or so:
>

>   *   [Thu Jun 11 16:44:57.739 2020] [11308:15392] [warn]
> ajp_process_callback::jk_ajp_common.c (2242): (sr1studierdr1) AJP13 protocol:
> Reuse is set to false

Searching the sources, the code that writes it appears to be in
native/common/jk_ajp_common.c

https://github.com/apache/tomcat-connectors/blob/master/native/common/jk_ajp_common.c#L2117

It is triggered by a value of a "reuse flag" field in an "END_RESPONSE" packet.

https://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/ajp/ajpv13a.html#End_Response

At Tomcat side the END_RESPONSE packet is sent by
AjpProcessor.finishResponse() and can send two kinds of an end
response packet: one with a "reuse" flag value and another with a "no
reuse".

https://github.com/apache/tomcat/blob/9.0.x/java/org/apache/coyote/ajp/AjpProcessor.java#L104
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/blob/9.0.x/java/org/apache/coyote/ajp/AjpProcessor.java#L1049.

If there is a severe error that does not allow reuse of the
connection, the "no reuse" packet is sent. I wonder how you encounter
such an error.

Do you have an access log configured in Tomcat and what does it show?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko