> From: Jeff Sadowski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: apache-tomcat on an ia64 rhel4?
>
> I'm still really unclear about what tomcat is.

Many books and tutorials are available, most of them freely available on
the web.

> I guess tomcat itself is open source but it depends on java
> development kit?

Current versions of Tomcat require only a JRE, not a JDK.

> I'm more interested in if it could use something from the gcj project?

I hope you're joking.

You need to install a real JRE.  I would expect a 32-bit one to work on
an IA64, albeit not as efficiently.  It's unfortunate that you're stuck
with a platform that's been superseded by much more reasonable 64-bit
technologies.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.