Are you able to produce a stack dump (from a core) of the httpd process, which is responsible?

Artur Różycki wrote:
Hello,

We are running Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES (v. 4 for AMD64/Intel EM64T) as an Web server with Apache (2.2.4 compiled from sources) connected through mod_jk (1.2.21 compiled from sources) to tomcat server(5.5.17). Everything is installed on IBM x346 with 3GB of RAM and Xeon 3Ghz CPU. The kernel is 2.6.9-42.0.10.ELsmp from rpm package. After upgrading from mod_jk 1.2.18 to mod_jk 1.2.21, during heavy load in work hours sometimes server hangs with message: "Kernel Panic - not syncing: Attempting to free lock on active lock list" and it stops responding to anything. After restarting it can work for several hours without any problem but suddenly it hangs. We suspect that new mod_jk is the reason. Now we are back on mod_jk 1.2.18 and problem doesn't occur during last 30 hours.

This problem occures on several identical machines (IBM x346), so it's not a hardware dependent. Below is our configuration, maybe you have any suggestions to change something for better performance.

####### worker.properties ########
worker.list=worker4,jkstatus
worker.worker2.type=ajp13
worker.worker2.host=localhost
worker.worker2.port=8009
worker.worker2.lbfactor=1
worker.worker2.socket_timeout=60
worker.worker2.connection_pool_timeout=300
worker.worker3.type=ajp13
worker.worker3.host=localhost
worker.worker3.port=8109
worker.worker3.lbfactor=1
worker.worker3.socket_timeout=60
worker.worker3.connection_pool_timeout=300
worker.jkstatus.type=status
worker.worker4.type=lb
worker.worker4.sticky_session=true
worker.worker4.balance_workers=worker2,worker3
####### worker.properties ########

####### httpd.conf #########
# worker MPM
<IfModule mpm_worker_module>