I have upgraded from Tomcat 3.3 to Tomcat 5.5.23.  It is running on
WinXP and I am using Java 1.5.

I asked this question before with a different directory set up in which
the "myApp" directory
was under Tomcat heirarchy. As Rashmi Rubdi suggested, by renaming
myApp.xml to ROOT.xml, I could
access my application using http://localhost:8080

Chuck Caldarale said it is preferable to have myApp outside Tomcat's
directory heirarchy. I am playing with a different directory structure
as shown below. Here Tomcat heirarchy is outside the myApp heirarchy.

Here's my dierctory set up:

<TOP_DIR>
   --Tomcat55                   {catalina.home}
        --bin
        -- conf
           -- Catalina
                 --localhost
                        myApp.xml
        --common
        --server
        --webapps

   -- myApp
           context.xml
           index.html
           --bin
           --html
           --jsp
           --css
           --jar
           --WEB-INF
                web.xml
                 --classes
                 --lib

myApp.xml has the following:
<Context docBase="C:\TOP_DIR\myApp" path="/myApp" override="true"
privileged="true">
</Context>

 context.xml under myApp has
<Context path="/myApp"/>

http://localhost:8080 brings up the default Tomcat homepage.
I am NOT able to access my application as http://localhost:8080/myApp
Ideally, I would like to access my application as http://localhost:8080.
So what am I missing in my definitions in myApp.xml or
myApp/context.xml?

Thanks a lot
Lakshmi