Christopher Schultz wrote:
Other factors include the resolution of the timer being used by Apache
and/or mod_jk for emitting log messages. Most people don't care about
high-resolution timing for things like web server logs, so I wouldn't
expect Apache to be using one.

mod_jk as well as Apache httpd use apr_time_now(). I checked with APR 1.2 (httpd 2.2): on Unix/Linux this is gettimeofday().

Even on an old Solaris 8 system, I can easily get microsecond resolution out of a C test program using gettimeofday(), i.e. successive calls to gettimeofday return microsecond values differing by 0 or 1 microsecond.

Regards,

Rainer