> From: Tony Anecito [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> The Tomcat server is running web services which are
> dynamic.

OK.  That's an answer to a slightly different question to the one I
asked, so let me unpack it a bit :-).

- You presently have a Tomcat server front-ended by Apache httpd.

- You serve dynamic content from your Tomcat server.

- You serve some content directly from httpd - this content is not
JkMounted, so it never goes to Tomcat.

For the content that's served directly from httpd, what kind of content
is it?  If it's static HTML pages, for example, you could serve it
directly via Tomcat, put Tomcat directly on port 80, uninstall httpd (if
you wish) and hence take httpd and JK out of the path.

Clearly if the content served from httpd is something Tomcat can't
serve, this doesn't work!

                - Peter