From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 12:18 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Class loading issue

> From: Tony Fountain [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Class loading issue
>
> Caused by: javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not found

It looks like you must have the system property
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory set to point to
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl (e.g., via JAVA_OPTS).
This forces all XML scanning to go through that class, including any
done by Tomcat itself.  Consequently, the above class must be made
visible to the Tomcat internal classes, so putting the jar into
common/lib is required.

I'm not sure if there's any means of specifying a webapp-local XML
parser rather than a global one; others may have more experience here.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This Email has been scanned for all viruses by PAETEC Email Scanning
Services, utilizing MessageLabs proprietary SkyScan infrastructure. For
more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the
clock, around the globe, visit http://www.paetec.com.