From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 1:46 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Class loading issue

> From: Tony Fountain [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Class loading issue
>
> However, that does not clarify for me why it only happens when I
> attempt to set the <load-on-startup> element in the webapps web.xml
> file

Don't have a real answer for that, at least not yet (but see below for
speculation).  Might need a classloader trace to figure that out, and
it's probably not worth the trouble.

> As far as the JAVA_OPTS go, I do not see where I have this set at all.

That's fine; JAVA_OPTS isn't used for the Windows service.

> -Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\Apache\Tomcat\common\endorsed

Is there anything in the above directory?  If so, it may be involved.

The parser class name can also be specified in a .jar via a service
provider configuration file:
META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory

If such a jar file is seen before or during the call to
DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(), it would appear to apply globally.
Not sure what happens if the jar file is encountered after the
newInstance() call, or if multiple jar files have conflicting settings.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This Email has been scanned for all viruses by PAETEC Email Scanning
Services, utilizing MessageLabs proprietary SkyScan infrastructure. For
more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the
clock, around the globe, visit http://www.paetec.com.