I found info about netstat in the windows help files. I apologize for
this simple question. I'm looking at the results produced by netstat
and tasklist right now.

It looks like java is listening to port 8005; there appear to be two
instances of java.exe running and each one of them is listening to
several ports. I need java to run though. Is it safe to end the
instance of java.exe listening to port 8005?

Ljuba

On Dec 14, 2007 2:03 PM, Markus Schönhaber
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ljuba Veselinova wrote:
>
> > Apache is running but it uses port 80. As far as I can tell (via the
> > Task manager panel) there are no other instances of tomcat running on
> > the machine. How do I check what's running specifically on port 8005?
>
> If you're using XP or better
> netstat -ano
> will show you which process id listens on what address and port.
> Or you could use something like TcpView:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Networking/TcpView.mspx
>
> Regards
>   mks

Ljuba Veselinova
Dept of Linguistics          Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Stockholm University      Phone: +46-8-16 2332
106 91 Stockholm          Fax  : +46-8-15 5389
Sweden                         URL  : http://www.ling.su.se/staff/ljuba/

"We learn by going where we want to go."
                                          Julia Cameron