I have tried to kill java.exe that's listening to port 8005 several
times now without success. How do I assign other ports to either
java.exe or tomcat?

Thanks,
Ljuba

On Dec 14, 2007 2:48 PM, David Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've also found the TcpDump tool available from Microsoft's website
> extremely helpful  in looking at this stuff.
>
> I would say it should be safe to stop the instance of java.exe holding
> on to 8005, but you should try to be sure it's not used for anything.
> Various third party software companies have been known to leverage
> tomcat in their own products.
>
> --David
>

> Ljuba Veselinova wrote:
>
> >I found info about netstat in the windows help files. I apologize for
> >this simple question. I'm looking at the results produced by netstat
> >and tasklist right now.
> >
> >It looks like java is listening to port 8005; there appear to be two
> >instances of java.exe running and each one of them is listening to
> >several ports. I need java to run though. Is it safe to end the
> >instance of java.exe listening to port 8005?
> >
> >Ljuba
> >
> >On Dec 14, 2007 2:03 PM, Markus Schönhaber
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>If you're using XP or better
> >>netstat -ano
> >>will show you which process id listens on what address and port.
> >>Or you could use something like TcpView:
> >>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Networking/TcpView.mspx
> >>
> >>Regards
> >>  mks

Ljuba Veselinova
Dept of Linguistics          Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Stockholm University      Phone: +46-8-16 2332
106 91 Stockholm          Fax  : +46-8-15 5389
Sweden                         URL  : http://www.ling.su.se/staff/ljuba/

"We learn by going where we want to go."
                                          Julia Cameron