David kerber wrote:
I know I can get the java version from system.properties, but is there a way of getting the tomcat version from inside my app? If so, how? I'd like to be able to display that on an administrator's information page.

TIA!

If you crack open the tomcat ROOT application from a default install and look at the index.jsp file, right at the top you'll some something like this:

<head>
   <title><%= application.getServerInfo() %></title>

Which displays this (in tomcat 5.5.23):
Apache Tomcat/5.5.23

Other reading:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/servlet/ServletContext.html