Not sure if I followed this thread closely enough. It looks like sometimes you are talking about node shutdown (your example stack), and sometimes about user logout (your last message).

Concerning user logout (resp. session expiration/invalidation): the attribute notifyListenersOnReplication of a cluster manager (DeltaManager) should help.

See

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/cluster-manager.html

and

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/cluster-howto.html

for configuration example.

Regards,

Rainer

Andrew Hole schrieb:
Well, valueunbound is executed on both TC.
we are doing session replication, lets say we have a 5 (for example) node
cluster. When a user logs on, his/her session will be replicated on 5
tomcats. When he/she logs out, you only want track that the user has logged
out once, not 5 times (our logout tracking is associated to valueunbound).
Actually, valueunbound is executed on all tomcats.

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 8:41 PM, Christopher Schultz <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andrew,

Andrew Hole wrote:
| "I think you need to manage your events in a way that takes into account
| the fact that valueUnbound will can be called by "other" members in the
| cluster."
| It is not a easy task, rigth?
| Could you be more specific in the way of developing it?

Hmm... I hadn't seen your stack trace before writing my own post.

Does it appear that the TC that is going down is propagating the
"expire" event to the sessions on other servers? Is that why the "new"
TC is also calling valudUnbound?

I'm interested in finding out exactly what is happening before I suggest
a solution.

-chris