Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 2:37 PM, David kerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 4.1.37 is probably your best short-term solution, and work toward 6.x in
 the mid-to-long term.

That was my gut feeling.  Could you explain why that is?  Is 5.5 a
wasteland?  I'll need to understand the rationale behind the
recommendation to make it stick with the development team.
Actually, 5.5.x is quite good and I use it in production, but it's in kind of a no-man's land development-wise. Since 6.x has been around for a year or so, it's stable, and it's most likely getting the bulk of the development effort, and you know that 5.5.x development is going to be stopped before 6.x is, at some point in the future. If you're porting an app from 4.x to something newer anyway, you might as well port to the one you know is going to have the longest lifetime, instead of using a mid-term version. If your app was already written for 5, I'd say stick with that line, but I wouldn't do new development or older-version porting to it.